Friday, July 11, 2008

Salmon with Mango Salsa



So for me and Alec’s one-year anniversary, and me we made ourselves a fancy little dinner.
This dish was also an adulterated form of a Betty Crocker recipe (thank you, Anna).
We covered the salmon with a little brown sugar before grilling it on the George Foreman grill, and we served it with a mango salsa. I changed Betty’s recipe though because I am so fond of Gwen’s mango salsa so I combined the two. I used one mango, about a third of a tomato and maybe four or five green onions diced, with a little bit of garlic and lime juice. Cilantro would have been good but I never buy it because I can never use it up before it goes bad. And I made that a head of time so that it could set for a while before the meal.

We also had a bottle of wine that Aydin brought back from his trip to Iran.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im glad you figured out how to post now!! :D It looks so good! You never mentioned though how Gwens mango salsa went with the salmon? sounds gooood