1 lb soft unsalted butter
1 C powdered sugar
2 T vanilla
1 tsp salt
2 C finely chopped pecans
5 C sifted flour
powdered sugar for dusting
Latin pop music for inspiration (Ricky Martin does NOT count)
1) First place your MP3 player, CD, cassette tape or eight-track into a music dispensing device and press play (or jugar)
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrados Fahrenhitos
3) Beat butter and powdered sugar with mixer until light and fluffy and peaks form (about 10-15 min)
4) Add vanilla, salt, and pecans
5) Remove from mixer and stir in flour by hand. Be careful not to over-mix, fools!
6) Form into futbol Americano shapes (or blobs) the size of walnuts and place on a buttered cookie sheet
7) Bake 10-12 minutes or until just beginning to get the slightest bit of coloration on bottoms.
8) Remove upon first sight of coloration and set on cooling rack
9) When cool enough to touch, place in bowl with powdered sugar on top and toss gently
10) Once cooled, place in a box made solely of Mayan gold and cover until ready to serve
When I don't follow the recipe exactly, I find my cookies taste like rotting corpse. These are very temperamental cookies so the slightest mistake will be horrific. If you mess them up, perhaps you don't deserve to eat cookies.